One of the most frequently asked questions that I get is how to make a raw creamy vegan cheese. As people start transitioning into a vegan lifestyle, they start craving different foods, right? They are like “oh, I miss cheese” or “I miss meat.” But there are so many different options to make ‘replacement [animal product-style]’ options; different types of vegan cheese and whatnot. Now is the perfect opportunity to show you an easy and delicious raw vegan cheese that you can make at home in literally less than five minutes.
You can share with your family and friends. It stores well for two to three days and it’s JUST SO GOOD. Seven simple ingredients is all we’re going to be using for this recipe. When it’s done, you can use it on chips or flax crackers, or celery sticks; whatever makes you happy! This creamy, chewy, chunky, delicious raw vegan cashew cheese is perfect to serve up at any given time. I know you’re going to love it!
All of these flavors together will give it a nice crunchy, smooth or soft mix with tints of basil and thyme and herbs and spices in it as well. This enhances the flavor. It tastes better than cheese, you know, because it has all those flavors in it and it doesn’t taste like it’s been fermenting for months; it’s just fresh and creamy and yet sweet and salty and flavorful and savory. This is so good. Hands down. Best cream cheese ever. Keep in mind you can use this cheese in anything from raw vegan tacos to lasagne; it goes with everything.
FullyRaw Kristina’s Simple Raw Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1-2 cup raw sunflower seeds (depending on the quantity of cheese you want)
- 0.5-1 cup raw cashews
- 1.5 cup raw lemon juice (essentially just fresh squeezed lemons)
- 1.5 cup water (less if you want it more creamy or more if you want it less creamy)
- 1 heaping teaspoon raw Himalayan salt or pink fire salt
- 0.5-1 cup chopped basil, minced thyme, or oregano (any herb of choice works)
- 0.5 cup diced red onions
- 1 teaspoon paprika and cumin (mixed)
- Add full quantity of the sunflower seeds, cashews, lemon juice, water, and salt of choice to a vitamix blender.
- Blend this until it takes the texture or consistency that you desire.
- When ready, grab a spatula and put this mixture into a bowl (I recommended a mixing bowl).
- Once you get this base cheesy texture in the bowl, go ahead and add on in your herb of choice, red onions, and your paprika cumin blend.
- With your spatula, go ahead and mix these into your bowl until it becomes nice and delicious.
- Go ahead and put this into any serving bowl of your choice.
- Ladies and gentlemen, you have a delicious and easy raw vegan cheese!
This recipe was republished with permission from FullyRawKristina.